Columbia Criminal Attorney
Being charged with a crime is an overwhelming, confusing experience, and the implications for your rights, family, and future can be devastating. According to a publication on Crime in Tennessee, law enforcement officers make almost 335,000 arrests every year for crimes ranging from murder and assault to disorderly conduct. Even the penalties for a misdemeanor can be severe, including jail time and fines. The punishment for a felony conviction is harsher, potentially leading to the death penalty or life in prison for a conviction.
However, it is always important to remember that an arrest is not a conviction. There are opportunities throughout the criminal process to fight the charges, and Fort, Holloway, & Rogers, LLC will take advantage of all options to obtain a favorable outcome. Please contact our firm to set up a consultation with a Columbia criminal attorney right away, so we can get started on strategy. You can also read on for important information about our legal services and your rights.
Legal Defense in a Wide Range of Criminal Cases
Our lawyers have decades of experience fighting on behalf of individuals arrested for criminal offenses. We are prepared to aggressively defend your interests for such charges as:
- Driving Under the Influence (DUI), which is punishable by incarceration, fines, and a driver’s license suspension;
- Other driving offenses, including speeding, reckless driving, and related violations;
- Violent crimes, assault, and domestic abuse;
- Theft, burglary, and shoplifting;
- Drug crimes, such as possession, trafficking, and manufacturing; and
- Many others.
We can also assist with juvenile crimes, which work according to a different process because of the offender’s age. Some individuals will receive probation, but the court may order detention at a juvenile facility for cases involving serious offenses. In some situations, the judge could even transfer the case to adult criminal court.
How Our Team Protects Your Rights
The prosecution must always prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt in a criminal case, the heaviest burden in all of US law. Fort, Holloway, & Rogers, LLC works to prevent the government from meeting this burden, such as by exposing weaknesses in the evidence. Our Columbia criminal lawyers support your interests at all stages of the criminal process, including:
- Addressing the court at your initial appearance and arraignment, during which you can request to be released on bond pending trial;
- Raising and defending motions, such as a motion to dismiss based upon evidence that was obtained through a violation of your civil rights;
- Attending court hearing leading up to trial; and
- Representing you at trial.
There may be opportunities to discuss plea bargaining at any stage, which could lead to reduced charges or lesser punishment in your case.
Call Now to Speak to Our Columbia Criminal Lawyers
If you were arrested for any crime in Tennessee, legal representation is critical. Our team at Fort, Holloway, & Rogers, LLC has the knowledge, skills, and experience to fight the charges, so please contact us today. We can schedule a consultation with a Columbia criminal attorney who will explain the laws. You can reach our office by calling 931-901-2300 or visiting us online.